Sunday, November 13, 2011

Artistry in Wood, Dayton Ohio

Ron Ryan Award to Lynn Doughty 
Artistry in Wood 2011 under 2 inches
Best Carving Show I have ever been to. I feel like a kid in a candy store. So much to see and so little time! The Dayton Carving Club members have made me feel totally at home. There are so many talented carvers at the show who I have only ever just read about and seen via the internet. And yes it is still true I have not met a carver I did not like. Lynn Doughty won some nice blue ribbons for his carvings and than they presented him with the Ron Ryan Award at the banquet. He was visibly moved. I just think it was time for him to join those elite people who have given so much of themselves for this wonderful hobby. It could never be a job in my eyes even if I made money at it. Joaney wait till I show you what I got at this show!  To check out more about the Dayton Show and Club with Pictures of last years winners go to http://www.daytoncarvers.com/daytoncarvers.html .

No comments:

Post a Comment